Spring football will officially begin May 7, according to the Bishop Lynch football program, which recently released its spring and summer workout dates.
The Friars will hold spring football workouts Monday-Thursday for the first two weeks with scrimmages Saturdays. The annual Black & White Spring Game is scheduled for Friday, May 25 at 7 pm.
Summer workouts begin June 4 and continue into July with players taking off the week of July 2-6 and the TAPPS Dead Week of July 20-29.
The first official practice day for fall football is Aug. 1, with the first day in pads coming Aug. 6. Preseason scrimmages are scheduled for Aug. 17 and Aug. 24, leading into the 2018 season opener Aug. 31 at Hughes Springs.
The Friars finished 12-1 last season, completed their first undefeated regular season in program history and won district and area titles. Bishop Lynch advanced to the state semifinals, where the Friars fell to St. Pius X.
• May 7 – Spring football begins
• May 25 – Black & White Spring Game
• June 4 – Summer workouts begin
• June 22-23 – TAPPS 7-on-7 & Lineman Challenge
• July 20-29 – TAPPS Dead Week
• Aug. 1 – First day of fall practice
• Aug. 6 – First day of practice in full pads
• Aug. 17 – Scrimmage vs Carrollton Ranchview
• Aug. 24 – Scrimmage at TCA-Cedar Hill
• Aug. 31 – Season opener at Hughes Springs
For a complete monthly calendar of spring, summer and fall dates, click here.