With the exciting addition of a new lacrosse program at Bishop Lynch High School, the athletic department is looking to gauge the interest of potential female athletes.
If you are interested in learning more about lacrosse opportunities at BL, please fill out the short form found HERE.
Facts regarding the lacrosse program:
- Is previous experience playing lacrosse necessary?
- No previous experience is needed. If students have played soccer, basketball, volleyball or cross country in the past, all these skills will work well with lacrosse.
- What "season" does lacrosse fall under?
- Lacrosse is a spring sport, however, if a student is not involved in a fall sport, they will have the opportunity to practice and hone their skill with drill work and strength and conditioning activities.
- Are students able to play other sports and lacrosse?
- Yes, students will be able to play other sports as well, for example, track and lacrosse (even though they are both during the spring season). However, please be sure to check with your individual coaches for potential conflicts.
- Will practices be during the school day or after school?
- A practice schedule has not yet been determined. However, typically they will be held after school and potentially on Saturdays, based on the coach and student-athlete availability.
- Will student-athletes receive a PE credit for participating in lacrosse?
- Currently, students will receive a .5 athletic credit. The athletic department plans to revisit the scheduling for next year, allowing student-athletes to participate in lacrosse throughout both semesters.
- Is traveling associated with playing lacrosse?
- There is potential that travel will be involved. The Austin and Houston areas offer opponents and game opportunities, with tournaments. Travel associated with playoffs is also a possibility.
- Are there additional costs associated with playing lacrosse?
- There is a membership fee to be registered with US Lacrosse organization. Athletes are issued a membership number that is used for identification purposes at tournaments and recruiting purposes.
To reach out regarding specific questions, please email William.Connery@bishoplynch.org.