Bishop Lynch will send 25 athletes to compete in 14 different events this weekend at the TAPPS State Track & Field Championships in Waco.
Once again, the two-day event will take place at Clyde Hart Stadium, Baylor University's own outdoor track facility.
The Lady Friars will send 15 athletes for eight different events after taking second at the regional meet last week. The Friars will have 10 athletes in six events after finishing fourth at regionals.
The state meet includes field events and the 3200-meter run on Friday, May 5, followed by a complete day of running events the following day. Competition on both days will start at 9 a.m.
Here are the events Bishop Lynch will compete in, as well as the athletes who qualified in each:
FRIDAY, MAY 5
• Girls Long Jump – Emma Williams, Kristen Phoenix and Monet Perry
• Boys Triple Jump – Jermaine Mask
• Boys Discus – Giann Santos and Jack Bradley
• Girls Triple Jump – Bri Kipp
• Girls Discus – Diana Effiom and Elli Jordan
• Girls Pole Vault – Natalie Lark
• Boys Pole Vault – Ryan Huntress
• Boys Long Jump – Jarek Broussard
• Girls High Jump – Bri Kipp, Kelly Nary and Madison White
SATURDAY, MAY 6
• Girls 400-Meter Relay – Emma Williams, Reagan Potts, Kristen Phoenix and Hannah Theodore
• Boys 400-Meter Relay – Jarek Broussard, Jaire Moore, Sam Schuldenberg and Jacob Lewis
• Girls 100-Meter Hurdles – Jane Onouha
• Girls 800-Meter Relay – Emma Williams, Jane Onouha, Monet Perry and Jessica Taylor
• Boys 800-Meter Relay – Sam Schuldenberg, Jacob Lewis, Cole Johnson and Theo Uhrik
• Girls 1600-Meter Relay – Monet Perry, Jessica Taylor, Anna Schrader and Audrey Young
For a complete schedule, as well as parking and facility maps, visit https://tapps.biz/track-and-field/track-and-field-championships/.